Join us for an experience of a lifetime on an adventure to Botswana
Learn more about the upcoming trip with a presentation with Zoo Director, Amos Morris and the trip’s Specialist Guide, Graham Johansson at Mesker Park Zoo on Thursday, February 16th at 5PM. For more information and to RSVP, please contact Kelley Weis, Marketing Director at [email protected] or 812-435-6143 ext. 422.
Trip Dates: October 21 to November 10, 2017
Download Complete Itinerary Here (PDF)
Adventure is wrapped in luxury in Botswana, where you wing your way from camp to camp on small planes. No lines, no check-in, just the cheerful hello of the pilot as he tosses your duffle in the back of your ‘taxi in the sky.’
- Travel through the Okavango Delta and spot classic African wildlife, including an antelope, cheetah, baboon, hippo, and a spectacular array of bird species.
- Visit the Nxai Pans National Park and the famous Baobab tree forest known as Baines in Leroo La Tau.
- Explore the Moremi Game Reserve, where over 400 species of birds and a vast variety of mammal, plant, fish, and reptile life inhabit the swamp ecosystem.
- Spend starry nights in luxurious Camp Okavango, where your living means floating along in mokoro (dugout canoe), walking safaris, and silver service dining, lit by candelabra.
- Wander the eerie white terrain at the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park, named for ancient Lake Makgadikgadi that disappeared thousands of years ago. What remains is a collection of salt pans that cover approximately 6,200 square miles.
- Start your trip with an optional pre-extension to the majestic Victoria Falls – one of the seven wonders of the natural world.
- Continue your adventure with an optional post-extension trip to Cape Town, South Africa.
- Okavango Delta
- Makgadikgadi NP
- Nxai Pans NP
- Cape Town
- Victoria Falls